Birmingham’s Local Offer
Local authorities must publish a Local Offer, setting out in one place information about provision that is available and provision that is expected to be across education, health and social care for children and young people in their area who have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
The Local Offer has two main purposes:
- To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it.
- To make provision responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with SEND, their parents, and the
professionals who work with them in its development and review.
What will the Local Offer cover?
Route 2 Wellbeing Directory
Solihull’s Local Offer
Family Information Service directory
Solihull SENDIAS Service aims to:
- Provide information, advice and support to children and young people up to the age of 25 with SEND.
- Provide information, advice and support to the parents/carers of children and young people up to the age of 25 with SEND.
- Provide impartial advice about matters relating to SEND, including issues relating to health and social care.
- Offer support to parents/carers and children and young people with SEND in participating in decisions made about the child/young person’s education, health and social care.